Once again The World’s Largest Telecommunications Company had a safety stand down this morning and once again we were told it’s our personal responsibility to be safe. We saw a power point presentation about not getting electricuted by high voltage wires falling, it seems a poor technician in a state far away met his maker when an energized wire hit him while working aloft in his bucket.
The poor guy probably didn’t know what hit him, within one second he was toasted. States that use the electric chair to dispatch their condemned, use 1000 volts and a few amps to take care of business. That poor fellow employee got hit with 12,000 volts and hundreds of amps. It’s a dangerous job. Speaking of dangerous, the above picture is a compilation of seriously bad safety acts… This too will pass