This smoldering pile was an apartment project under construction. Mysteriously it caught fire last night, the thing is, it also happened last year at the same stage of construction. Last time they blamed it on a leaking propane tank, funny how that happens… A few activist neighbors just didn’t want this six story monster in their neighborhood so they took it into their hands.
With rents out of control in San Francisco, people are moving here and pricing out people who have been living here for years. Yesterday, I installed a fiber for a couple who moved to Oakland to lower their rent. They were paying 3600 for a two bedroom apartment, now they are only paying 3200. Yeah I know, that’s insane. This too will pass